The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
- How and why we collect certain information from you via the Website and the online services provided through the Website.
- How we use and with whom we share such information
- The choices you can make about how we collect your information.
Information we collect
Non-personal information: Like most websites, we collect certain technical information about your use of the website when you visit us, and generally this is not information that could be used to identify you without reference to other information (collectively, “Usage Information”). For example, we may collect your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, the identity of your internet service provider (ISP), the number and duration of page visits, how you were directed to the website, what country your visit originates from, and the number of clicks you make when you use the website. This does not include demographic information about you. We track and reference your usage information, in aggregation with the usage information of other visitors to the website, to better understand how effective our website is and how visitors interact with it. Only Driver’s Friend, LLC has access to such analysis, provided through Google Analytics.
Your submissions of personal information: You have the opportunity to submit personal information to us through the Website in several ways:
- First, you can login to the My Account section of this site and edit your personal contact information.
- Second you can click the “Contact Us” link from some of our pages or visit our “Contact” page, in which case you would input your name, email address, and a message to be submitted to our team for review and response.
How We Use Information Collected from You
How we use your personal information
The personal information we collect may be used by Driver’s Friend, LLC as follows:
- To sign you in to your account or to reference that account
- For our internal records, tracking and business purposes
- To fulfill transactions conducted by you through your website account to perform service you request in order to contact you to respond to your questions or requests or to provide you with technical support; and to provide you with information regarding changes to the website which may affect your website account, your use of the website, and/or the content or services available through the website.
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails.
If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How we use your non-personal information
How we use your non-personal information to improve our products and services to customize the user experience of the website
- To administer the website; and to analyze trends, track user movement and gather statistical information for aggregate use.
Sharing of your information
Third party service providers
We may provide your personal information and non-personal information to third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including marketing assistance, e-mail delivery, hosting services, cloud servers, customer service and data analysis. We may use independent contractors to provide services on our behalf and they may access your personal information in the course of providing those services. If independent contractors are used, they will be subject to contractual restrictions requiring the non-disclosure of any Driver’s Friend, LLC information, including your personal information, your non-personal Information, and any other information generated with reference to either. We require such third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them and to not use your personal Information for any purpose other than to provide services to Driver’s Friend, LLC.
Safety, security and compliance with law
We may disclose any information, including personal information, we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our rights or to protect the safety and security of our Website or other users.
In the event Driver’s Friend, LLC undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your personal information to the actual or intended successor organization in such transaction. If material changes to Driver’s Friend, LLC’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, Driver’s Friend, LLC will attempt to notify you via email and will post a notice on the Website alerting you to the business transition prior to transferring your personal information.
How to access and update your personal information
At any time, you may contact Driver’s Friend, LLC to request that we make changes to your personal information. If you request that Driver’s Friend, LLC update or otherwise modify, we will amend your personal information within a reasonable time after your request. To inquire about which items of personal information Driver’s Friend, LLC possesses about you or to request modifications thereto, please contact us.
However, please note after your personal information is changed, Driver’s Friend, LLC will continue to have the right to store all personal information collected from you through the Website (including personal information which is no longer in active use due to its amendment in accordance with this section) in our archives and to use and disclose such personal information for certain purposes permitted or required by applicable laws, including as we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our rights or to protect the safety and security of our website or other users.
However, while we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the website and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account information), and log out of your website account after use, if applicable.
Online policy only